Truckers Insurance

Think you’re covered by your auto or cargo policy? Get the proper coverage to fill in the gaps.

The trucking industry is one of the fastest-growing industries in the country. Many companies feel they are adequately covered by their auto liability and cargo insurance. An insurance policy specifically geared toward trucking companies will help fill in gaps that other policies don’t address, such as general liability and property coverages. To run a successful business, it’s important to have peace of mind while you’re on the road.

Commercial Truck Auto Liability Coverage

Covers the damage you do to others while driving your big rig.

  • Long Haul Trucking
  • Dump Trucks
  • Auto Haulers
  • Hotshots
  • Box Trucks
  • Others

Motor Truck Cargo Coverage

Commercial trucking insurance to cover your load.

  • Reefer
  • Dry Van
  • Flatbed
  • Auto Haulers
  • Agricultural Products
  • Intermodal Containers
  • Hazmat
  • Others

Trailer Interchange

Covers a non-owned trailer being used under a trailer interchange agreement

Physical Damage Coverage

Coverage to repair or replace damage to your big rig or trailer in the event of an accident or theft

Truckers General Liability

Covers you when operating on someone else’s premises, such as loading docks and truck stops, and also covers mistakes in the delivery of the load.

Bobtail Insurance

Bobtail trucking insurance covers you and your semi-truck if you’re driving without hauling a trailer or other type of load. For example, you drop off a load in Dallas and need to pick up another load in Houston for a different carrier. Bobtail insurance covers you for the time you are driving between loads, as well as when you drive home after dropping a load and trailer.

Non-Trucking Liability Insurance

This type of trucking insurance is sometimes called contingent liability insurance. Unlike bobtail insurance that only covers you if you do not have a load attached, non-trucking liability protects owner-operators from liability claims when the truck is not being used for business purposes, whether or not there is a trailer in tow. Most companies require their contract drivers to have non-trucking liability insurance, as it protects them if you have an accident while not under dispatch.
Non-trucking liability insurance is only for scenarios where you and your semi-truck are not being used for commercial purposes. For example, you and your spouse take your semi-truck when you go out for dinner. You are involved in a minor accident with minor damage to the vehicle you had the crash with. Your primary trucking liability insurance won’t work as you are not under dispatch at the time of the accident. But, the non-trucking liability can provide coverage, just as if you were driving a car with standard auto insurance.

Start your coverage today